In Every Issue
- From the Editor, Connect with AQR Online
- On the Cover
- Book Nook: Learn about the latest books in the quilting industry.
- Switch It Up!: Free-to-Use Pattern HandBEHG Felts designer Tami Pfeil has paired up with Premier Prints to inspire sewers to use home dec fabrics in new and exciting ways. Pfeil was inspired by traditional items to create a floor rug for the Free-to-Use pattern that is both useful and beautiful.
- Get Smart About Insurance: What coverage do you have and what do you need—Tom Shay helps you sort it all out.
- Unleash the Power of Store Displays: Retail experts Kizer and Bender spell out a strategy for creating the best store displays possible.
- Business Books for Retailers: Keep your business moving forward by reading insightful books.
- Calling it Quits: Let Leanne Pressley guide you through the often complicated process of getting out of a business.
- Save the Date: Planning an event is work. Sommer Sharon helps you do the right work to ensure a successful outcome.
Check It Out
- Make a “To Be” List: Life coach Beth Montpas helps you look past your “to do” list and create your “to be” list.
Owner, Leader, Manager: Business consultant Gwen Bortner defines these roles and gets you wearing the right hat for the job.
- Materials Matter: Newest fabrics to hit the shelf.
- From Math to Quilts: Starting a pattern business is a huge task, but Laura Piland of A Slice of Pi was up for the task. Learn more about this wide-appealing designer.
- Hot Picks: New products to check out!
- Online Resources: See what’s new on our website
- Special Online-Only Articles: the pages in the magazine fill too quickly! Check out this online-only article, The Path to Emptying Your Inbox.
- Business Calculators: Business expert Tom Shay shares tools to help you run your business more effectively.
- Quilt Market Digital Recap Issues: Stay current with trends and industry news with our free digital issue after each Market.
- Piece by Piece Staff Blog: A weekly post on current topics, business needs, and points of interest to small business owners.
- Open for Business: A conversation with retail owners about their business successes and challenges. Sponsored by QT Fabrics.
- Employee Handbook Templates: Every shop owner needs this template to build a staff that helps your business succeed.